Who are we?
Envizage (a trading name of Lifescale Limited) is a financial technology company based in London, with a remote team located across the world.
We are a team of innovators with a vision to change the way financial institutions serve their customers – from product-centric to customer-centric. We combine our patented technology, our digital delivery skills, and our deep understanding of the financial services industry to help our clients accelerate their digital transformation.
What do we do?
Our core technology is a simulation-based financial planning and financial advice platform, delivered over a highly configurable cloud-hosted API on a modern technology stack.
Our clients are large financial services firms – banks, insurance companies, retail wealth managers, and pension funds – across the world.
We help them deliver modern digital applications across a broad range of target customer segments and use cases – from financial planning to financial advice and guidance to financial well-being, and much more.
Role and Responsibilities
The USA Sales Director will help to establish and then execute Envizage’s growth strategy for the US by building upon the Company’s success in Europe and Asia. The company is looking at opportunities across a number of market segments across the financial services space.
Once established in the role, they will have responsibility for growing the US sales organisation with targeted hires and also based on success then look to expand into other regions in the Americas.
The role will report into the CCO (and where necessary other C-Suite team members). As a fast growing company, Envizage is very collaborative and benefits from the experiences of its team which requires coordinating with other commercial functions (e.g., marketing, branding, pricing and partnerships).
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Overall help to refine the US market strategy with the CCO and C-Suite.
- Determine which market segments are attractive opportunities for growth.
- Define an execution plan to target these market segments.
- Establish overall sales targets for the US business.
- Determine the number and type of resources needed to execute on the plan to achieve these sales targets.
- Originating and nurturing new business opportunities and relationships at a senior level within enterprise customers, to expand on the existing US pipeline
- Taking full accountability for sales and business development of the US market whilst managing clients throughout the sales cycle – understanding their challenges and pain points and ensuring these are handled smoothly and efficiently
- Focus on closing deals with multiple revenues opportunities, e.g. Annual Recurring Licence Revenues and service contracts for the business
- Close profitable services deals that provide the foundations for our development teams to deliver high quality products to our customers
- Continue to foster our existing partnerships to execute on joint pipeline deals to further elevate the sales pipeline
- Report sales forecasts to the business and maintain CRM reporting
- Work with the commercial team to deliver against targets for each fiscal year
- Understanding and communicating customer needs and issues back into the technical / product team
- Input into commercial functions including marketing, branding, pricing, etc.
- Establishing and maintaining strong, open lines of communication with the rest of the Envizage team
- Regular reporting against targets and KPIs (subject to change)
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will likely possess the following qualities and attributes:
- Ideally 10 years experience in B2B technology sales
- Experience with selling API driven technology deals, ideally in the Fintech space
- Experience in selling multi-year Annual Recurring Revenue contracts
- Experience of modern software development practices (selling services via Agile methodologies)
- A proven B2B sales / business development professional with a strong track record of closing deals with enterprise clients in the US Financial Services sector
- Have a unique blend of navigating the technology landscape and strong sales experience (ability to understand and translate client needs and challenges into commercial use cases for the Envizage API)
- An appropriate existing network of relevant contacts
- Able to sell into the C-Suite of large financial institutions
- Experience of operating successfully in a high-growth, entrepreneurial environment, where they will have successfully sold enterprise software / SaaS solutions to much larger customers
- Adept at navigating long, complex sales cycles and securing high-value contracts. Ideally, they will demonstrate having closed multi-million dollar deals with FS clients and shortening sales cycles
- Highly motivated and a self-starter, with a focus on customer success
- Strong relationship building skills and a proven “closer”, they will be capable of originating and nurturing new business opportunities as well as developing the existing pipeline
- Demonstrable ability to execute and deliver against revenue targets
- A personable, effective communicator with the ability to quickly build trust
- A background in retail financial services and knowledge of financial advice, planning or guidance will be advantageous (although not essential)
- Able to thrive in a fully remote capacity, whilst being able to integrate well and forge strong working relationships with the team
- Proven in building organic sales pipelines via marketing, social media, and digital sales strategies.
- Ability to be hands on in the marketing process in creating presentations and responding to information requests from clients
Base salary range
Based on experience with unlimited commission in a tiered structure, upside based on commercial success versus realistic targets
- Family Healthcare (Medical + Dental) with FSA/HSA accounts
- In addition to public holidays, 21 working days holiday
We will not respond to any recruiter approaches